Voluntary Testing for Employees
Eligible, asymptomatic employees who would like to be voluntarily tested will have the option to do so. This option is only for asymptomatic employees. If an employee has symptoms or is identified as a close contact, please follow instructions for symptomatic or close contact testing.
University employees who are working on Grounds will be eligible for voluntary asymptomatic testing through UVA’s saliva testing program beginning Monday, January 11, 2021.
- Eligibility: All employees working on Grounds in the following groups are eligible for voluntary saliva testing:
- Benefits eligible (Full-Time and Part-Time) academic faculty and staff, including School of Medicine and School of Nursing
- Academic Division temporary workers and non-benefits eligible (Full-Time and Part-Time) wage employees
- Employees of the Medical Center, University Physician’s Group, Community Medicine
- Post-doctoral fellows
- ROTC personnel
- About saliva testing: This program is only for employees who are asymptomatic. If an employee has symptoms or has been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, they should follow instructions for testing here. Saliva screening takes less than 10 minutes. Employees must present a valid UVA ID card. If you do not have a UVA ID card, please contact the UVA Academic ID card Office to request one. Please do not show up for saliva testing if you are currently in isolation or quarantine or if you have tested positive in the last 90 days.
- Locations: For current information about testing locations and hours, and information about what to expect and how to prepare for your test, please visit https://besafe.virginia.edu.
- Scheduling: Initially, voluntary saliva tests will be administered during walk-in hours at the University’s saliva testing clinics. Soon, the University will release a new platform for students and employees to schedule saliva testing appointments.
- Results: Outcomes will be available within 72 hours. You will receive an email from Be Safe with a link to follow for negative and inconclusive results. Employees with positive results will be contacted by phone by Employee Health. You will receive a second email from UVA Health MyChart when your medical record has been updated.
- Questions: For questions, please contact email@example.com.
Detailed Instructions for LetsGetChecked
University contractors, visiting professors and scholars, and employees working outside the Central Virginia region (e.g., Northern Virginia) remain eligible for voluntary asymptomatic testing using Let’s Get Checked kits that can be ordered by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Kits are only for the employee and are not transferrable to others.